The rain came down at the 87th Annual Academy Awards but that did not dampen the spirit of the event at all. The fashion, performances, speeches, presenters and of course the winners of this year’s event is definitely one for the books. As you know, the event is like three hours long so I am not going to bore you with a long-winded narration. However I will break down the top moments that one cannot look past.
1. Lady Gaga’s red gloves and Nicole Kidman’s red belt.
2. Neil Patrick Harris and Anna Kendrick’s opening music special, but Jack Black is still the ultimate.
3. Liam Neeson presenting like he is doing a scene in Taken.
4. The colourful performance of Everything is Awesome.
5. Neil Patrick Harris in his white briefs and only his white briefs.
6. Patricia Arquette whipping out that white A4 paper to convey her acceptance speech, she definitely made her point. #genderwageequality#tellitlikeitis#whysaythankyouwhenyoucansaymenstepaside.
7. The audience in awe of the performance delivered by John Legend and Common. It was indeed Glorious
8. Chrissy Teigen’s face after hearing John Legend and Common’s win yet again.
9. Lady Gaga’s tribute performance of the Sound of Music- Who knew behind all those weird costumes and antics the girl can actually sing.
10. Julie Andrews making an appearance. Three words for this woman, Graceful, Amazing, Legend.
11. Graham Moore’s “weird” and “different” acceptance speech. I am all for weird and different because life is too damn boring to be like all the rest.
12. John Travolta’s peculiar face touching moment, he must of had a night fever, but on serious note stop with the botox.
13. Eddie Redmayne taking the Best Actor title. His acceptance speech was so genuine and adorable.
14. Julianne Moore taking the Best Actress title. When she pulls her mouth in that odd way then you know its going to be good.
15. “Who gave this son of bitch his green card?, Birdman” Sean Penn’s exact words as he announced the Best Picture. Birdman or should I say Alejandro González Iñárritu dominated this year taking home 4 Oscars in various categories.
16. Oops lastly, they forgot Joan Rivers in the Memoriam tribute.
Is it me or did anyone else sense the awkwardness between Dakota Johnson and her mom Melanie Griffith?
What were your favourite Oscar moments?
Drop a comment
The 156 Supermodel