For my birthday, I jokingly requested a Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer after testing it at a hairdresser in China. To my surprise, my brother spoilt me with my very own Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer in metal grey and fuchsia. You most probably thinking, “she is such a lucky biatch”, I know right! I honestly have the best siblings ever but we will leave the praise for another day. I am here to share 10 reasons why you should consider buying the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer.
Unlike your regular hairdryer or even recognized brands such as GHD, Drybar or CHI, the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer has raised many eyebrows and stepped in a bracket of their own as a brand where their retail price is concerned. This hairdryer retails at R6000 (which is about $400 and 3000 rmb). Thus, it is understandable why one would search for reliable reviews before putting it into your shopping cart. So let me put your mind at ease and make your decision making process a little easier.
10 Reasons to buy the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer.
- This hairdryer is really chic in appearance and brings new meaning to styling your hair. As soon as you open the luxury packaging you feel like a kid again, wanting to play dress up and do all your girlfriends’ hair. #Hairspray
2. It is very light in weight, easy to hold and it is literally half the size of a regular hairdryer. Also, it is perfect for those K-tv moments in front of the mirror.
3. It comes with a diffuser for curly hair, a broad nozzle for quick smooth drying and a thin nozzle for precise styling that connects to the hairdryer magnetically. It also comes with a non-slip mat and storage hanger. Talk about convenience and getting your money’s worth.
4. I usually dry my hair late in the evenings and no-one enjoys a loud buzzing sound when they trying to watch Netflix and chill. Therefore, one of the pros that I really like about the Dyson hairdryer is that it is quieter than a regular hairdryer.
5. The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer measures air temperature 20 times a second, and regulates the heat. This prevents extreme heat damage, to help protect your hair’s natural shine. Say Goodbye to overheating, burning smells and heat damage.
6. This hairdryer is ideal for thick, frizzy hair as it eliminates all the unwanted “fly-aways” and gives your hair a smooth look and feel. The air propelled is strong and directed as opposed to the air blasting in all directions. So now you can save a few extra dollars by drying your hair at home instead of going to the hairdresser every week.
7. Your drying time is literally shortened by half the time thanks to the powerful Dyson digital motor V9. I have thick, curly hair so it usually takes me about 45 min to blow dry my hair. However, since using the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer, it takes me approximately 20min to dry my hair.
8. It is easy to clean and say Goodbye to your hair getting stuck in the filter at the back of the hairdryer. Check out this video on: How to clean the filter of the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer?
9. It comes with a two-year guarantee on parts and labour. However, the quality of the parts, body and the thick long lead is great so if it is maintained and look after then this hairdryer will be your best friend for a good couple of years.
10. Dyson has definitely set the standard for innovation and creativity for something as simple as a hairdryer. And now you can join in on the fun by drying your hair whilst being tech savvy.
BUT is it really worth the hype?
Personally, I love my Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer and I don’t see myself going back to the regular hairdryer. I love the overall look and feel of the hairdryer and the features have made blow drying my hair easier.
However, if you don’t have a generous sibling, boyfriend or R6000 lying around then it is certainly something to think twice about. At the end of the day it is merely just a hairdryer so do not expect miracles. Your hair is not going to become miraculously straighter, curlier or whatever you unrealistically hope for.
You still need to look after your hair internally and externally. Dyson has simply enhanced and improved the design, technological parts and features to make life easier and better. With this, I give the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer 4 stars out of 5.
If one or all of these 10 reasons to buy the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer have persuaded you, here are some retailers where you can put it in your cart and make it official.
I hope you find this review of the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer helpful. If you have any questions, drop a comment and I will respond soonest.
Till next time