I am a sucker for beauty products and home remedies because, the sad but true fact is beauty and staying beautiful is hard work. Please do not read into it from a perspective of being vain or conceited, however as women we need to look after ourselves in all aspects and in doing so we automatically feel beautiful. You can roll your eyes but we all look at other women and admire their long luscious hair or clear skin and the list is endless. Sometimes I think I am a guinea pig for the beauty industry as I try so many products on the market but they simply do not deliver the results initially expected or desired. However, I have compiled a list of beauty tips that do actually work as I personally, have tried it and I am pleased to say that the results are amazing.
- Coconut Oil and Egg Yolks
This remedy is absolutely amazing for your hair. My hair grew 5 cm in 2 months (Yes I am an impatient freak that measured it lol). It also makes your hair shine and strong. My hair became very damaged and thin with all the coloring and continuous use of straightening irons. There are so many hair products on the market specifically designed for brittle, damaged hair however I thought this time around I would choose a more natural remedy and see how it works. To my amazement it worked. Everyone’s hair growth is different thus I was fascinated with the 5 cm in 2 months as my hair takes extremely long to grow. Using Coconut oil for the past year I have seen tremendous results and it is easy to use. I recommend it for all hair types, for curly hair it will redefine your curls, for straight hair it will minimize the frizz and make your hair sleek, for thin hair it will give it body and for ethnic hair it will make your hair soft and grow.
- Heat the coconut oil to make it in a liquid form
- Separate the egg yolk from the white and put it in a bowl
- Mix the coconut oil with the egg yolk and then add a little hot water
- Place it on hair from your root down and massage it in
- Leave in for 20 minutes to 1 hour
- Rinse it off with warm water then wash and condition your hair as usual
Coconut oil is also an awesome remedy if you want to grow and thicken your eyelashes. You simply apply the coconut oil on your eyelashes before you go to bed, giving your eyes moisture throughout the night. Coconut oil can be purchased at all health shops and selected outlets such as Dischem.
- Bicarbonate Soda and Lemons
This combination is good to remove all the plaque and stains on your teeth. At first I was also skeptical at the idea but how will know if I don’t try right. Nonetheless it easy to use.
- Take a teaspoon full of bicarbonate and place it in a small holder
- Cut a lemon then squeeze a little juice into the holder
- Mix it as you make it into a paste however do so quickly as the lemon juice absorbs the bicarb soda quick due to the reaction of the acid
- Put it on your toothbrush and brush your teeth as usual in circular motions
- Rinse your mouth then brush your teeth with toothpaste for a fresh breathe
You will feel the difference immediately but you will only see the difference after continuous use.
- Honey and Brown Sugar
This remedy acts as a natural body scrub. It seems simpler to purchase a ready made scrub at the store but if you have brown sugar and honey at home it is even easier and better to make your own scrub with pleasing results.
- Put 3 tablespoons of brown sugar in a bowl
- Add the honey to the sugar bowl
- Mix the honey and brown sugar together
- Before you bath or shower rub the mixture onto your skin focusing on your legs and arms
- Rinse it off then shower as usual
This scrub removes all the dry skin especially after shaving. You will also notice a glow and your skin will be much softer
Just a tip try to use a sponge loofah instead of a face cloth as the face cloth is more prone to build up bacteria. With this, your wash rag and toothbrush should be changed every 4-6 months max, if you can change it every 3 months even better.
Before you throw away the avocado peels think twice. There are so many nutrients in an avocado which makes it perfect to moisturize the dryness on your feet especially the heels of your feet because ladies no one wants to see the great grand canyon when you are wearing open sandals. Right…
- When you cut the avocado, leave it in a bowl for later
- As soon as you are relaxed, take a seat in front of the television.
- Rub the peels of avocado on your feet focusing on the dry areas.
- Relax as you let it soak in for about 30 min
- Then soak your feet in a foot tub filled with warm water and lavender oil
- Dry it with a towel and then moisturize with foot cream (Check out Avon, they always have amazing foot cream)
Lastly, always remember that even though these remedies have been proven to work, you still need to look after your body from inside out. Therefore stock up on vitamins such as Biotin, Vitamin A,B,C, the Omegas and Silcea Complex. You should also limit the intake of alcohol and caffeine as it weakens the immune system and try your best not to smoke as it makes your hair extremely dull and brittle and leaves permanent stains on your teeth.
Come on ladies let’s help each other by sharing our secret beauty tips. Times have indeed changed where we can all be Cinderellas as long as you choose to be beautiful on the inside and out.
The 156 Supermodel